Where Our Children Go after High School: A Longitudinal Study of College & Work Outcomes of San Antonio-Area High School Graduates, 2005-2014
Author: Michael Villarreal
Date: August 2017
Publication Type: Presentation, 22 slides.
This presentation address the following questions to be answered for Bexar County students and high schools:
- Does more education beyond a high school diploma payoff?
- What are the college access and completion rates of our high school graduates?
- Do college graduation rates vary by college?
- To what extent does poverty affect university access and completion rates?
- Which high schools do better than expected given their concentration of student poverty?
- Why don’t more college-aspiring students apply to and enroll in universities?
- What is the history of postsecondary student outcomes by high school?
Note: University outcomes in this report only reflect Texas public and private universities. Next year’s update will include National Clearing House data that will account for universities outside of Texas.